The task of the research area is to investigate and deal with pollutant emissions and energy consumption from motor vehicles. Research activities include measurements on chassis dynamometers and engine test beds as well as testing with on-board measurement systems and developing and applying models that simulate the fuel consumption and emissions of motor vehicles with conventional and alternative propulsion systems.
The software developed in this research area ranges from development tools for industry to emission inventories for cities and countries for the purpose of environmental monitoring.
Ao.Univ.-Prof. DI Dr. Stefan Hausberger
Staff of the research department
- Measurement of emissions and energy consumption of vehicles
- Detailed simulation of
- Simulation of alternative propulsion systems (HEV, PHEV, REX, BEV.)
- Development of test cycles from real world driving behaviour
- Simulation of emissions for local, regional and global monitoring tasks.
The following measurement equipment is available:
- Chassis dynamometer for passenger cars and heavy duty vehicles
- Measurement system for particulate number and mass emissions
- On-Board measurement system for velocity, engine load, emissions and fuel consumption of vehicles